Mission: Provide office support by answering phones, greeting visitors and checking in Pantry clients so that all clients have access to the services JFS provides during office hours.
What To Expect:
- You will start your journey to becoming an Office Support Volunteer with a brief intake session with the JFS Volunteer Coordinator.
- JFS will also provide on-the-job training with the Office Manager.
- As the friendly face who welcomes people through our doors, you will use the front and rear buzzer to allow clients and visitors to enter the building.
- Other duties include answering the main phone line, redirecting calls to voicemail, and scheduling Food Pantry appointments.
- Pleasant and patient phone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
Time Commitment: Flexible, based on volunteer availability during office hours
Dress Code: Professional Casual
Training and volunteer expectations will be provided by the Volunteer Coordinator when you are welcomed to the team!