Mission: Share your time and friendship with an older adult who would appreciate a visit from a new friend. Your kindness will mitigate the effects of isolation and loneliness by providing social interaction and a supportive relationship.
What To Expect:
- You will start your journey to becoming a Friendly Visitor with a brief intake session with the JFS Volunteer Coordinator.
- You will be given background information on an older adult community member who would like additional social interaction to help feel connected and supported by the community.
- Once you get in touch with your new friend, you will establish a visitation schedule and follow through with scheduled visits.
- Have a chat, play a game, read out loud… the sky’s the limit for your visits!
- Communicate feedback to the Clinical Coordinator of Older Adult Services or the Volunteer Coordinator.
Time Commitment: Mutually agreed-upon visitation time, 1-2 times per month. This phone opportunity is perfect for frequent travelers and snowbirds!
Training and volunteer expectations will be provided by the Volunteer Coordinator when you are welcomed to the team!